Health & Science
What Is Sleep Deprivation?
Missing out on the recommended 7 to 9 hours of sleep will cause you to feel more than feeling groggy or grumpy. It can cause you to have memory issues, trouble with thinking and concentration.
Different specific age groups have different recommended sleep durations:
• Newborns (0 to 3 months): 14 to 17 hours each day
• Infants (4 to 11 months): 12 to 15 hours
• Toddlers (1 to 2 years): 11 to 14 hours
• Preschoolers (3 to 5 years): 10 to 13 hours
• School-age children (6 to 13 years): 9 to 11 hours
• Teenagers (14 to 17 years): 8 to 10 hours
• Adults (18 to 64 years): 7 to 9 hours
• Older adults (over 65 years): 7 to 8 hours
Symptoms of sleep deprivation
• Sleepy grogginess experienced all day long
• Poor concentration and mood changes
• Daytime naps
• Mood swings and irritability
What causes sleep deprivation?
Poor sleep hygiene
Know how you can develop a perfect bedtime routine to get enough sleep. Check our tips now!
The Emma Original
Treat yourself to your best sleep ever with the award-winning Emma Original memory foam mattress.shop now
Sign up to get an instant $30 off!
Join the Emma Sleep Club and stay up-to-date with all our special offers, events, and more!